Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 03-29-2009, 05:21 AM

meiguoren has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to meiguoren
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
The answer is: very.

Still waiting for a remake of VIII and IX on the PSP. They've remade every other old-school FF (several times, in some cases), so why not these two?
Just like any other product in any other area... you like it, so they stop making it.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:17 PM

Egnio has much to be proud of
My favorite one is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

>_>
<_<
Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 PM

BlankPixels has much to be proud of
I really liked X. Final Fantasy 7 was good, too. Also Crisis Core, even though I didn't finish it.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:50 PM

Demonpaladin has much to be proud of
Well I hear alot about how X-2 was more the fangirl based gamed. I like to think it more as you had the chance to bring back Tidus and reunite him with Yuna because I mean let's face it. He was never really real to begin and if the aoens are powerful enough to dream a dream that can become real through contact with Sin who was just an Aeon itself. Then Why can't they make him real, right ?

Also I think they just wanted to pick up and show you what happened after Sin was killed for good and what everyone decided to do afterwards, not that it mattered lol cuz Shuyin had other ideas for Spira.

Lol, I actually had the Collectors Edition Game and Strategy Book of FF12, but me bieng the dumbass that I am, I went ahead n sold it aloung with all of my FF games and my PS2. Now I'm bored and I miss my games lmao.

FF8 I just got after I ended u getting a crappy ps2 from a friend, I can't belive that I actually remember just about everything after not playing it for 8 years. I love how you have to challenge many of the GF's before they will join you. Also funny thing, how on earth do I get past the first room of the Sunken Lab (after you get Ragnarok and save Rinoa). Lol I can't figure it out and every step you take a monster battle happens, which is totally cool, because you can never have enough training lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 AM

Scraps69 has much to be proud of
FF VI. The story is great One of the last great pixelated games before it went all 3d...
Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 AM

Souleaterst1ch has much to be proud of
I LOVED FINAL FANTASY TACTICS

That and 8

IMHO 7 was Slightly overrated
Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleaterst1ch View Post
IMHO 7 was Slightly overrated
Ah, another who feels as I do about the almighty Final Fantasy VII. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the paragon of perfection everyone's nostalgia-tinted glasses are leading them to believe. Good game, but highly overrated. There have been, and will continue to be, better FF games.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:09 PM

Manystones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Manystones Send a message via MSN to Manystones Send a message via Yahoo to Manystones
What is your favorite FF?
I am sure most already presume that I will say FF7 (looks around unsure why) but really I can't just place a favorite label on any one FF game, I can put a short list of the ones that stuck out for me, FF 2 for the storyline and I felt like the Paladin change was good writing story wise, liked the morality I guess. FF7 for the complexity of the characters and the "dark" feel to it, FF8 because this was the first group of main characters I felt I could related to. I don't know why they seemed more mature then FF7's but something about them clicked. FF10 I agree about them stepping up the graphics and turning things up a a bit more, FF Tactics doesn't get much of a nod, bad story but the remake on PSP fixed that for me.

Final Fantasy has proven over and over that a strong story and developed characters can work in any graphic environment and I feel the overall feel of the games has always been that of awesome
Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM

Demonpaladin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manystones View Post
I am sure most already presume that I will say FF7 (looks around unsure why) but really I can't just place a favorite label on any one FF game, I can put a short list of the ones that stuck out for me, FF 2 for the storyline and I felt like the Paladin change was good writing story wise, liked the morality I guess. FF7 for the complexity of the characters and the "dark" feel to it, FF8 because this was the first group of main characters I felt I could related to. I don't know why they seemed more mature then FF7's but something about them clicked. FF10 I agree about them stepping up the graphics and turning things up a a bit more, FF Tactics doesn't get much of a nod, bad story but the remake on PSP fixed that for me.

Final Fantasy has proven over and over that a strong story and developed characters can work in any graphic environment and I feel the overall feel of the games has always been that of awesome
Yes indeed. When I still had the Collectors Edition of FF12, it had on it the History of Final Fantasy. They had explained, how their advanced combat system had captivated the world because no other game at the time had that advanced combat system with magic and summoned monsters. I honestly think some of these games too would make a really awesome movie if it stays as close as possible to the games storyline.

I do hope though that they keep making FF games, because these are top sellers they've made billions off these games over the years, so why give up a cash making machine ? Sure it may get old, but you invent new ideas for the next installment, so as to make it a bit more exciting and with new aspects.

How ever I do wish that when you buy your armor like in FF12, instead of them showing a picture what the item looks like when you select it, but show it on your character as well. That might be a lil advanced for them, but it'd be cool to see what kind of body armor you got equipped besides your shield, sword, or w/e type of you weapon you are using. As for FF Online, I'm not gonna give a chance cuz i dont feel like paying money to pay an MMO like that when I already pay to play WoW.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpaladin View Post
I honestly think some of these games too would make a really awesome movie if it stays as close as possible to the games storyline.

How ever I do wish that when you buy your armor like in FF12, instead of them showing a picture what the item looks like when you select it, but show it on your character as well. That might be a lil advanced for them, but it'd be cool to see what kind of body armor you got equipped besides your shield, sword, or w/e type of you weapon you are using. As for FF Online, I'm not gonna give a chance cuz i dont feel like paying money to pay an MMO like that when I already pay to play WoW.
Given that most FF games run about 20-30 hours, that would be a looooong movie. Even if you take out the random battles. The last time they tried to put the themes of FF into a feature-length movie we got Spirits Within. The stories in games simply don't lend themselves to being in a 2-hour linear format.

I don't think it's a matter of technology that prevents them from showing armor changes on your character models, but one of aesthetics. They've got these great character designs, why should they let us plebians decide how they actually look in-game? Games have let us see the visual changes different armor choices make for years. Hell, in FF:Crystal Chronicles on the DS the character models change depending on what armor you have equipped.