11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 02-20-2009, 01:13 AM

Reimu has much to be proud of
MMOTPS: S4 League!

Hello everyone!

My name is Reimu, better known as Asayake on the S4: Source forums, here to tell you all about S4 League! S4 League has just had a huge upgrade and is trying to expand it's playerbase!

-Basic Info-
As some of you may or may not know, S4 League is a third person shooter game that has been licensed by Alaplaya, a F2P game host located in Germany (English friendly, I assure you). S4 League is a fast paced, team-based game that is extremely reminiscent of GunZ: The Duel.

-Game Modes-
As I previously stated, S4 League is a team based game which currently has 2/3 modes available to the Non-Korean community.
These modes are:

Team Deathmatch - Very self explanatory. You simply spawn and kill players from the other team. Your goal for your team is to kill as many enemy players as possible and not to die! The goal for your team is to sustain more kills than the other team until time runs out or to reach a set amount of kills, ranging from 60 to 100.

Touchdown - This mode is different from TDM just because your objective, while similar, has another element! As was your goal in TDM, you are to kill as many enemy players as possible without dying yourself, however, the other element I spoke of changes the style. As a team, you are to grab the ball (fumbi) from the middle of the map in a style similar to "Steal the Bacon" (Oh the days of elementary school) however your job, if you have the ball, is to run it into their goal, just like American Football and get touchdowns!
The best way to think of it is this:
Grab ball from the middle, make a touchdown, humiliate the other team, repeat.

Training - This mode is even more simple than TDM. You grab a gun and destroy some enemy sentry guns (Basically, they're first level TF2 turrets) to test your aim on non-moving targets. Bear in mind, the turrets shoot back!

-Weaponry-
Your weapons are extremely varied in this game which is something that sets it apart from other TPS games! Your available arsenal ranges from melee weapons like swords and baseball bats to railguns and has almost every type of weapon you can imagine! As a brief overview, here's a quick list and description of each weapon.

Melee Weapons - Plasma Sword (think FF swords), the Counter Sword (a short sword with gauntlet, and a baseball bat that calls upon storms to defeat your enemies!

Close Range-Ranged Weapon - A revolver that acts like a shotgun!

Medium Range Weapons - Dual SMGs, a rifle with half scope, and just because The Heavy is such a great guy, an HMG.

Long Range Weapons - A railgun, a laser cannon, and the gauss rifle, also known as the AK47 in modern terms.

Hacker Type - A sentry gun (just like your buddy the Engineer from TF2 makes!), a sentinel (it stuns people because of how awesome it is!), the MIND SHOCK (short range, enemy seeking laser that goes through stuff), and Mind Energy (you healers and your heal guns).

-Other Info-
While there are other things in the game, you'll definately have to check it out for yourself. Customize the look of your character to look unique and stand out in a crowd!

There are great S4 resources out there for people to use and learn from!
I'm sure that these resources can help you and they can all be found at S4: Source, your number one spot for all that is S4 League!

I personally offer free TDM basic training to anyone who wants it (one map only right now).
If interested, the best way to contact me is via MSN messenger or email.
If you do decide to start playing S4, please post your in-game name here so we can get all the gamerDNA players playing together!

I'll see you in game, and as my supervisor loves to say:

Show me your S4!

MSN messenger: noelvermillion@hotmail.co.jp
Email: asayake201@gmail.com

How to sign up:

http://en.alaplaya.eu/users/new <---- Register there
http://files.filefront.com/S4Leaguez.../fileinfo.html <----- Client download there
Last edited by Reimu : 02-20-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 AM

Kiskara is a jewel in the community Kiskara is a jewel in the community
Wow. Haven't played S4 for a bit (got distracted by Pentavision's DJMax series), but a friend mentioned the huge update. May have to pop in and see what's new.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:01 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
I've never heart of S4 either - I may give it a shot!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Reimu has much to be proud of
It's gotten some pretty positive reviews!

If you post your names up here, I'll edit the list so that GamerDNA players can find each other easily.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 AM

BoneDry has much to be proud of
Hmmm S4 is fun use to play it a lot. The only problem is that it is European Version so it lags for me. Hope a US version comes out soon.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:54 AM

nightveNom has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDry View Post
Hmmm S4 is fun use to play it a lot. The only problem is that it is European Version so it lags for me. Hope a US version comes out soon.
It was good and I agree with bone here.

(Recognize me bone ? XD)

Elite

Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 PM

shirtofah has much to be proud of
ill try it out