11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM

decimus13 has much to be proud of
Games for Windows - Live
Hey,

This website is pretty cool. There are a couple of BUGS that should be fixed. One issue, that I noticed, is I have Fallout 3 for PC, which uses Games for Windows - Live. When I play it, the website shows it has the XBOX 360 version instead of the PC version.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Because GFW uses LIVE, gDNA's system sees it as an Xbox 360 game. At least, I think that's how it goes. I believe they're working on the issue. Ever considered Xfire or Steam?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Because GFW uses LIVE, gDNA's system sees it as an Xbox 360 game. At least, I think that's how it goes. I believe they're working on the issue. Ever considered Xfire or Steam?
Yah this is what they have said in previous posts. I think it's really a lot to do with microsoft and less to do with gDNA.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
There are a number of games that use Live that have GFW and Xbox 360 versions. Live doesn't specify which version is being played, so when gDNA automatically goes to check your Live gamertag to pull the data for what games you've been playing while signed into Live, the auto feed that is created assumes you are playing the 360 version. It is an issue that the staff is currently working on to fix so that GFW versions of games show up as they should.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:48 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
Fallout 3 is a tough one because there's no distinction between Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 (PC), at least, that's as far as I'm aware.