11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming Platforms > Nintendo (DS, GameCube, Wii)

Old 03-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Enthusiast

Ysgrublaidd has set foot on a distinguished road
Well that's a good argument.

You convinced me to throw away my DS and only play my PSP in the future. Oh wait... I got a better one here... it's called an Ngage... So I'll also throw away my PSP. Yes. Don't bother buying a DS or a PSP... go for the real stuf. Buy an Ngage.

Sorry, but why should he buy a PSP and not a DS? Please inform me.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:15 AM

kinfreon is community member of note
When I had a DS, I enjoyed Pokemon, Advance Wars, and EBA.

If anything, I can say that the DS is a solid handheld whose only problem is that it's dominated by kids games and shovelware. There are good games, though.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
DS has a far better game library. I wouldn't buy a PSP unless you lack an mp3 or plan on cracking it so you can run bootleg games. Not that I know anything about that
Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
There are great games for both systems, but I've gotten far more usage out of my DS than my PSP. I could go on and on about the great games for both, but it really depends on what you like playing while you're sitting on the crapper. The DS has Zelda, the Castlevania series (Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia)(Although the PSP does have Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles which has an updated version of Symphony of the Night), the Advance Wars series, Chrono Trigger (greatest 16-bit JRPG ever), Pokemon, New Super Mario Bros, Professor Layton, Puzzle Quest series (Not sure if the PSP is getting Galactrix, but I'd be surprised if it didn't), an upcoming Kingdom Hearts game, The World Ends With You, FF: Crystal Chronicles series, Chrono Trigger (I know I already included this game, but it's so important it deserves being mentioned twice ), Disgaea (PSP has this one as well), plus the hundreds and hundreds of GBA games out there you can get on the cheap.

The PSP is a great system, but the library is a bit sparse when it comes to quality titles. Crisis Core, God of War:COO, Loco Roco, Patapon, Jeanne d'Arc (if you like strategy RPGs), FFTactics:War of the Lions, Metal Gear Ac!d series, Metal Gear Solid:Portable Ops (a great game that follows Big Boss from after Snake Eater up until the formation of Foxhound), Dissida is coming up in September I believe, a Kingdom Hearts game (they need to make KH3 already), GTA:Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories (if you're into GTA for some reason), and several others I've probably forgotten. As far as it's non-gaming abilities, I've never needed them. My iPhone does all of that far better than the PSP can manage.

My advice is what I always tell people when they ask me which system to get: figure out the games you want to play, then buy the system that plays those games.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Anyone mentioned the Mega man games yet?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Anyone mentioned the Mega man games yet?
Which ones? They release so many it's hard to keep track. I think two were released while I was typing this post.

There was a remake of the original Mega Man X on the PSP that used 3D graphics and anime cutscenes that was pretty good.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
The DS has such a huge game library, and unless you really like a game came out on the PSP you would probably be better of buying the DS.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Savant

Spent some time perusing your DNA, and given the types of games you prefer to play, I'd say go with the DS.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:33 PM

Euantor has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Euantor Send a message via MSN to Euantor Send a message via Yahoo to Euantor
As others have said, get a PSP if you're wanting more adult games. I have a DS and PSP. I only bought my PSP recently after noticing every game in the DS charts were aimed at a particularly younger audience. I do, however, enjoy my DS for games like Super Mario 64 DS and Metroid Prime Hunters.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

{twitter} {Last.fm} {XBL}
Old 04-01-2009, 02:21 AM

levityCO15 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the input everyone, probably gonna go with the DS but the next few months are gonna be crazy busy so I'm gonna have to put it off for a bit seeing as I already play my other systems enough