11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-07-2009, 07:31 AM

Rockworth has much to be proud of
No Class Emblems
Why is there class Emlems in World of Warcraft Roster but not in Wrath of the Lich King?
Old 03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I think the idea is that you add characters to the original WOW game.
You may have updated with the expansions, but you're technically still playing (a version of) the original game.

If you add your character to WOW itself you can enter some extra details specific to the game (region, server, accomplishments) which isn't possible for either of the expansions.
You can also use gDNA's dynamic WOW signature images if you do it like I said.
(They are called WotLK sigs, but that's because they look icy. )
Old 03-07-2009, 03:28 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Yeah we have to come up with a solution for this. Working on it with Steve the data guy to figure out how best to handle popular expansions going forward.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
Rotodon8,

This is maybe similar to the Guild Wars problem but not the same. Guild Wars has 3 "Campaigns" (separate games) and 1 expansion "Guild Wars Eye of The North", (GWEN). So a player could own Guild Wars Factions only & create a character there, and only play there. I could meet that player in Factions, (I have all of the Guild Wars games), find that they're really cool & invite them to my guild which plays all 3 games and the expansion.

I have characters from Each campaign, so its like that's their "birth" place so I'd rather associate them to the game they came from. The exception being GWEN, characters cannot be created there, and it is not a standalone game. GWEN is probably the same as a WOW expansion. (Don't play WOW, so don't really know!)

If I didn't have Guild Wars Prophecies, I probably wouldn't want to put it in my DNA just so my characters could have an emblem etc...

So really each campaign needs to be treated as a standalone game, because they are, even though characters can pass between them.

The games are:
Guild Wars Prophecies
Guild Wars Factions
Guild Wars Nightfall

The expansion is:
Guild Wars Eye of The North

Old 12-19-2014, 11:25 AM

MintCoolen has much to be proud of
I have asked this question also but until now got no right answer. There were some who explained but still, i'm in confused. - Paramount Song