11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 03-22-2009, 01:42 AM

Daisuke411 has much to be proud of
My favorite would have to be seven and all of it's many spin offs including the movie.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjellboy View Post
I didn't like it's sequel: Final Fantasy 10-2. For me the whole game was a waste. I felt on that time it was meant for Final Fantasy fangirls.
Last time I checked, I wasn't a girl. Jezmyn can confirm this. And I loved FFX-2. It's okay if your manhood feels threatened by changing dresses mid-battle (jk). It's actually just a different skin on the Job system from FF3, 5, and the Tactics series. The battles were fast-paced (I loved that I could be in and out of a battle inside 5 seconds), the graphics, while a retread of X, were still great, the voice acting was good, and it was the first main FF game to include the New Game+ option. A must have option for RPGs, in my opinion. Plus, I hated the ending of X, so this one fixed that. Guess I'm a romantic at heart.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM

Arrakiv has set foot on a distinguished road
I didn't play X-2 much (never had a PS2 to be honest), but I lived in Japan for a while. From what I saw of X-2, it is pure Japanese pop culture that just made no effort to appeal to the West at all. When I first saw it, I didn't quite get it... Then I lived in Japan and it all made sense.
Watch the Xeno Pro Remove Lag in EQ2

...Have a guild or a clan? Want to break your name out in a big way? Send me a message. But, shh! It is a secret...
Old 03-23-2009, 11:06 PM

spazure has much to be proud of
I would like to change my answer.

OH MY GOD I AM IN LOVE WITH CRISIS CORE.

I kidnapped my boyfriend's PSP and I can't get enough of this thing. I just hope I can make it last until FFXIII gets to the states later this year.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast

Dark-Crenshaw has much to be proud of
FF VI is the top one for me. One word... Kefka, that dude is just plain nuts.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 PM

Patrunjelu has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazure View Post
I would like to change my answer.

OH MY GOD I AM IN LOVE WITH CRISIS CORE.

I kidnapped my boyfriend's PSP and I can't get enough of this thing. I just hope I can make it last until FFXIII gets to the states later this year.
Crisis Core is awesome indeed. For the ending I would have chosen only one character to take part in the game, instead of that army. It would have made the ending more... what it was intended to be (tried not to include spoilers...).
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 AM

spazure has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrunjelu View Post
Crisis Core is awesome indeed. For the ending I would have chosen only one character to take part in the game, instead of that army. It would have made the ending more... what it was intended to be (tried not to include spoilers...).
Thanks I appreciate it. I'm at chapter 5 right now so still quite a ways to go before the ending. ^_^
Old 03-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazure View Post
Thanks I appreciate it. I'm at chapter 5 right now so still quite a ways to go before the ending. ^_^
If you've played FFVII, you should know what happens at the end. But I'm still not going to ruin it for you. Enjoy!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:17 PM

meiguoren has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to meiguoren
I'll do the obvious and go with VII. Got the first FF game when it came out and purchased every one for major consoles since. Before XIII was announced for Xbox 360, it was the deciding factor in helping me purchase my PS3.

Just can't get tired of VII. IX was too cartoony for me and I could never get used to the battle timing. X is a close second to VII. X-2 was entertaining if you liked X (and enjoy some JPop).

Also, Nobuo Uematsu, how amazing is he?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by meiguoren View Post
Also, Nobuo Uematsu, how amazing is he?
The answer is: very.

Still waiting for a remake of VIII and IX on the PSP. They've remade every other old-school FF (several times, in some cases), so why not these two?