Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-22-2009, 02:36 AM

ethereal-wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
gamerdna site killing my ip stack?
My system:

XP SP3
Firefox 3.0.7

I've had this issue the last several days. I would try to load gamerdna, and the page would never load, and then I would be unable to reach any other sites. Other people in the house had no problem reaching sites, so I don't think its my router or isp. I would be unable to ping the router. I tried a different router port, no improvement. The link and activity lights work on my notebook's port. I tried ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, could not contact dhcp server. So I would have to reboot my notebook. I could reach sites with no problem after rebooting my notebook. So I went directly back to gamerdna, and after loading about 3 pages, I can no longer reach any sites at all. I did have a new message in my gamerdna inbox, this is the only thing new I can think of. I have no problems all day using the web until I go to gamerdna, then it appears to kill something on my notebook and I have to reboot. This is very odd.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
That is really strange... I haven't heard anything like that. Many of the guys at work run XP with Firefox... we have never seen anything like that. Is this something that happened recently? You have been a member since Nov 2008... so is this a new occurrence?

I can't imagine what we could possibly do that would rock your IP stack.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Are you or your friends/housemates torrenting anything?

You may want to make the number of connections that your router can handle a higher number. Sometimes your router will run out of connections and then the internet won't work any more..

At least that's happened to me before. I've never had a problem caused by gamerDNA itself, though..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 PM

ethereal-wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
That is really strange... I haven't heard anything like that. Many of the guys at work run XP with Firefox... we have never seen anything like that. Is this something that happened recently? You have been a member since Nov 2008... so is this a new occurrence?

I can't imagine what we could possibly do that would rock your IP stack.
yeah its only started happening in the last 2 weeks. it seems to not be happening now. maybe it was an ad being served up or something. no we don't do torrents, in answer to Q's question. net usage is pretty light here and we use a hard wired router, so no rouge connections.