11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezmyn View Post
In the grand scheme of things, my fav is most likely FFX. I think it's the first I completely finished on my, even with the semi-wimpy final, final, final boss. I loved IX and the cartoony look and the memorable characters. I've seen all the others, even though I haven't played the really early games.

btw, yes, Vivi does ROCK! X-2 was also pretty neat, even if it was a lot of fanservice. I liked the dress sphere system as well.
I loved IX because it was basically a love letter to what Final Fantasy had been up to that point. It marked a nexus in the evolution of the franchise, bringing together everything that was Final Fantasy into one nostalgic package. Then Squenix blind-sided us with the awesomeness that was X.

BTW, did anybody else manage to beat the Blitzball Tournament near the beginning of the game? Getting that crystal trophy was a highlight of my FF career.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Patrunjelu has much to be proud of
I love Final Fantasy IX. Mostly because of the characters (I simply love Vivi). The soundtrack of the game is also great (favorite tracks: Crossing those Hills, Gargan Roo and the battle theme). And in my opinion, it features the best storyline present in the series. While playing it I always have the sensation that I'm living a fairy tale. Not to mention the great graphics that make the fantasy come to life.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrunjelu View Post
I love Final Fantasy IX. Mostly because of the characters (I simply love Vivi). The soundtrack of the game is also great (favorite tracks: Crossing those Hills, Gargan Roo and the battle theme). And in my opinion, it features the best storyline present in the series. While playing it I always have the sensation that I'm living a fairy tale. Not to mention the great graphics that make the fantasy come to life.
I loved the version of Vamo Alla Flamenco Piano Squall did. He does concerts around the country with all of the proceeds going to charity. Here's a video of one of his concerts:

Now that I watched that video, I think part of it was filmed at Nan Desu Kan, the local anime convention in Colorado my wife and I attend every year. I was at that concert.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:33 AM

GRiMP has much to be proud of
my favorite Final Fantasy game is #12, hands down. Im still playing it, all of my characters are Level 65+, all licenses, almost all the hunts, and 140 hrs of gameplay. I still have a good bit of storyline to go too, im only just at Balthonheim Port
Old 03-15-2009, 05:26 PM

Kjellboy has much to be proud of
Final Fantasy 7 over every other Final Fantasy game.

Final Fantasy 7 was the very first FF game i played. But it started pretty wierd: The first year i had it, i really hated the game. Next year, I loved it. Not long after i borrowed FF 8 from a friend. I loved that too. But Final Fantasy 7 is my all time favoritt since it's special to me. Just think of my background story with the game xD

Final Fantasy 10 was a pretty good game too. I loved the way S-E took the FF series to a whole new level. Voice acting, high res 3D battles, interesting story and lots of good memories. I didn't like it's sequel: Final Fantasy 10-2. For me the whole game was a waste. I felt on that time it was meant for Final Fantasy fangirls.

Final Fantasy 12 was pretty good. I loved the sidequests: Hunts and the story was also intersting from a political point of view. I loved the way each character behaved. Balthiers rough and smart personality, Vaan's childish behavour, Fran's knowledge of the nature. And i must not forget: Bash. He's behavour is herioc"Protect the queen att al cost"

Now: Final Fantasy is the best RPG's in the world. ^_^
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 AM

spazure has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiMP02 View Post
my favorite Final Fantasy game is #12, hands down. Im still playing it, all of my characters are Level 65+, all licenses, almost all the hunts, and 140 hrs of gameplay. I still have a good bit of storyline to go too, im only just at Balthonheim Port
I loved the new combat system in 12, but the story kind of bored me. Once I beat the final guy, I didn't have much interest in side questing -- to the point that I'm currently re-playing both FFVII and FFX killing time until the next one comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjellboy View Post
Final Fantasy 7 over every other Final Fantasy game.

Final Fantasy 7 was the very first FF game i played. But it started pretty wierd: The first year i had it, i really hated the game. Next year, I loved it. Not long after i borrowed FF 8 from a friend. I loved that too. But Final Fantasy 7 is my all time favoritt since it's special to me. Just think of my background story with the game xD

Final Fantasy 10 was a pretty good game too. I loved the way S-E took the FF series to a whole new level. Voice acting, high res 3D battles, interesting story and lots of good memories. I didn't like it's sequel: Final Fantasy 10-2. For me the whole game was a waste. I felt on that time it was meant for Final Fantasy fangirls.

Final Fantasy 12 was pretty good. I loved the sidequests: Hunts and the story was also intersting from a political point of view. I loved the way each character behaved. Balthiers rough and smart personality, Vaan's childish behavour, Fran's knowledge of the nature. And i must not forget: Bash. He's behavour is herioc"Protect the queen att al cost"

Now: Final Fantasy is the best RPG's in the world. ^_^
I agree with everything you just said, except I am a fangirl, so I of course loved X-2 as well. ;-)
Last edited by spazure : 03-16-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: avoiding doubleposting
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 AM

Lifeburner has much to be proud of
4,7 and 10 to me. I can't really tell which one of them is the best, though. Each of them has their own pros and cons. I like the job/class switching in FF IV, and FF VII gave me my first underwater adventure. Then, along came the blitzball with FF X.....
Old 03-17-2009, 01:08 PM

nikoatae has much to be proud of
Final Fantasy 7 is the THEE best imo.. It was the 1st FF i ever played.. The storyline was amazing and captivated fans all around the world. FF7 had the biggest impact on fans then any other Final Fantasy made. Sephiroth is also one of the Video game worlds most favorite villains. Notice I said the whole video game world and not just Final fantasy world. Aeris death also effect millions of ppl world wide.. that game is just amazing.. I really hope square enix wakes up and remakes FF7 for ps3.. Would make millions.... Final Fantasy 7 was years before its time.. It was actually good graphics back in 1997 lol, if it came out on ps3 now.. it would be amazing.. 10/10
Old 03-21-2009, 03:12 AM

Arrakiv has set foot on a distinguished road
Guess I'll be weird.

Tactics.

...But I also love Tactical RPGs in general.
Watch the Xeno Pro Remove Lag in EQ2

...Have a guild or a clan? Want to break your name out in a big way? Send me a message. But, shh! It is a secret...
Old 03-21-2009, 03:44 AM
Enthusiast

Kotsuumo is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakiv View Post
Guess I'll be weird.

Tactics.

...But I also love Tactical RPGs in general.
I agree. Tactical games are quite fun, and FFT did it well.