11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 PM

RichGarner has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to RichGarner
Option to disable photo slidebar?
I know I'm a minority on this subject, but I REALLY don't want to look at every half-naked girlie pics that the latest 12-year decides to post. Short of staying away from GamerDNA (and urging my family and friends to do same) there MUST be a way to give users the option to disable the photos at the top of our home page. But I have not found it yet.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:23 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Sorry Rich... you did the right thing reporting them... they were deleted almost immediately after they were reported. So we stay on top of it. That is just the risk with allowing people to upload photos. Sure you could disable it there but they could appear on the game pages just as easily... so that is why we offer the reporting button.

We are in the process of redesigning the member home and it will have the photos presented in a different way. We will take your request into account.

For now though, reporting them was correct and they were removed.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 PM

I don't mind them on game pages, I just object to looking at non-game related photos on MY home page when I log in to post about my latest adventure.
I sometimes play with my sons and I have begun avoiding going to GamerDNA when I am with them now. I would like to get them involved in more gaming and this seems like a great place to do it.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Hey ChangeAgent, while I think of it. Would you mind directing me to the rules for uploaded pictures. I would like to know specifically what should be reported and what not.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Ok... point taken. We are taking some steps to ensure it calms down a bit in the short term and will keep it in mind for the new home page design.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-20-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneMSmith View Post
Hey ChangeAgent, while I think of it. Would you mind directing me to the rules for uploaded pictures. I would like to know specifically what should be reported and what not.
That's a good point. Although, I think the terms used for reporting might lend some discredit to the validity of the offense. I might find a photo inappropriate where you might find it not so. How can a policy tell me that if I find something offensive, I'm wrong about what is considered 'offensive?'

The terms "inappropriate" and "violent" are very relative. If I post a picture of my BF2142 soldier taking aim at another, someone could consider that violent.

Just trying to find a way to allow the wild, horny kids and the aged, intolerant fathers a way to co-exist here.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
While on the subject of inappropriate images...
When you upload an image, you have the option to associate it with a game.
Although there is nothing wrong with images of people's pets, they don't really belong on on game pages.

Should we report those images?
Should we ask the member to remove the association?
Should we... something else?
Checking now, COD4 on the Xbox 360 is an example of a game that has a few images that have nothing to do with COD4.

Maybe if we could associate images with non-games like: Gaming rig, Non-gaming software, pets, personal, etc., the problem (if you want to call it that) would go away on its own.
Also it could give the curious a way to browse pictures of other people's gaming rigs, or pets, or whatever.