11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Hodge Podge issue
For some reason, when I post in the "M, F, or both" thread, my posts get mixed into previous posts.... Odd to say the least. So I have to search backwards through the different posts to find the new message I just added....

You will see a few in there that have somehow moved around.. go figure.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
It may have something to do with the time? I just noticed that it listed my last few posts around 2:14ish when its actually 4:15ish that I posted them... I know I posted at least 2 or 3 after Pragmacat, and they blended into past postings. Any thoughts?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
It's not just that thread in particular that is affected. The same issue(or a very similar one) is occuring in the Hello World and Suggestions forums as well. The staff may need to look into this, because it appears that members are able to reply to posts that were posted after their replies.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast

Just had this happen again in the "hello world" area. The new member posted a thanks for all the welcomes, and my post errored and went before his...

Its actually popping up in many different places now..

Old 03-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

OK, so anything that I post following the new guy "meiguoren" gets put in front of his, cause his time lists 8:34am and mine lists 7:48am when in actuality its 9:48am here. It shows that there is an error in the posting, but still posts what i type... Seems as if im two hours off on the clock and if someone in another timezone posts and mine is thought to be earlier, it will move it...

Just more details for u all to work with!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
This just happened to me in the Forum Nazi thread. It's the first time it's happened to me that I know of.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I'm guessing that something wrong occurred when the site changed for daylight savings time. In order to adjust everyone's time to be one hour ahead to where the correct time is supposed to be, they shifted everyone one time zone to the east of their true location, but now that is not right either. For example, I am in the time zone that is on the West coast of America(GMT -8), but the site says my local time is in the time zone one hour east of where I am(GMT -7). So my local time as I write this is almost two in the morning, but the site says my local time is almost one in the morning.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Thanks... it still isn't clear what the problem is... we will play around with it. We didn't touch anything. The system should auto-handle DST... it has in the past with no issues.

We will continue looking at it.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Guru

Good to know. Thanks ChangeAgent.