11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
gamerDNA Update Release Notes 3/16/09
Today we put up the release notes for the March 16th update to gamerDNA:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/

In this update you will find some various improvements to the gamerDNA game pages. Most notable of all these changes is the ability to Buy, Rent, and Play games from the gamerDNA game pages.

As always, we're interested in your feedback on this new update, so please let us know what you think!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Havent had a chance to look over all the updates yet, but have noticed that in IE 7 when you click on the dropdown for your personal menu at the top that on some pages, the flash ad is on a layer higher than the dropdown, thus blocks/makes it difficult to access your menu buttons.

I have seen this on the forum main page and the tools main page.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:47 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
If that happens could you please let us know what Ad it is and send us a support ticket? That isn't due to the gamerDNA update, it's due to the advertisement itself.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Ticket and screenshot submitted.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Enthusiast

Jono00 is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to Jono00 Send a message via MSN to Jono00
Well, I have been waiting for this update, really.
Though, when I try to lunch certain games (i.e Team Fortress 2 and Pure), I cant even click on the play button.
Which games support this feature, as of now?
Also, when I press the play button, Will gamerDNA record it and show it up in my profile?

Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I think this is a great way to get more gamers playing the games they find on gDNA. Instead of having to go out and search for the game, there's a handy link guiding you right to where you need to be. Great update, guys! And girls! I'm assuming here that there are at least a few females working there. At least I hope there are.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono00 View Post
[...]I cant even click on the play button.
Also, when I press the play button, Will gamerDNA record it and show it up in my profile?
Since I noticed the site changed, I've been looking myself.
I found some games I could buy and/or rent, but haven't found anything playable yet.

I think that second question was already answered in the blog:

Quote:
We are mainly excited about the ability to PLAY games directly from the site. Look for a major content roll out for this in the coming weeks with exciting partners and automatic game play tracking that feeds into your gamerDNA game activity.
If it doesn't log those games yet, it will in the future.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
GDNA Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono00 View Post
Well, I have been waiting for this update, really.
Though, when I try to lunch certain games (i.e Team Fortress 2 and Pure), I cant even click on the play button.

Thanks
Play is only for certain flash games that we have on the site. We've developed partnerships with sites like Addicting Games, huge portals for flash games. We'll be adding more games as we go from current and future partners.

You can find some of those flash games here: http://www.gamerdna.com/games/?sort=... ll&platform=1

Right now we don't track the gameplay and add it to your profile, but we will in the near future.

We don't support any non-flash games (Like TF2 and Pure, for instance). That's an interesting thought and I'm not too familiar with the subject/engineering side of things so I can't really comment on the likelihood of doing it.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast

Addicting Games!!! HAH. now thats a good site for some major flash game playin right there... I also enjoy www.ugoplayer.com which would be another great site gDNA could look into hooking up with. I know they have some kind of tracking on their site that says what games you have recently played...

I did notice on the PWI game page that nothing really links (buy, try, play). It is a free MMO so I was curious if you all were planning on linking it directly to the games download page. http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download or maybe one of their mirror sites that you all are already connected with? The mirrors for DL are listed on the DL page above.

Anyways, I like the features so far. Its getting better and better. Oh, and I'm not sure when this feature came out, but the whole click on the calendar and get a gDNA popup to fill in real quick with what you did that day is SUPER awesome... Much easier than bouncing to different pages and all. Keep it up guys, it gets better by the day.

By the way, the ad overlapping the dropdowns seems to be fixed! Just thought I would let ya know!

Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM

DevsterC is a jewel in the community DevsterC is a jewel in the community
Lightbulb launching steam games from browser
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
(snip)
We don't support any non-flash games (Like TF2 and Pure, for instance). That's an interesting thought and I'm not too familiar with the subject/engineering side of things so I can't really comment on the likelihood of doing it.
You can launch Steam games by a special URI/URL if steam is actually running. Basically you craft a custom link. More info on Valve's developer pages.