11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 AM

Debaser has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraid117 View Post
All Zelda games are good, some are better then others but every Zelda game has been epic, best reviewed and defined something. Ocarina defined 3D gaming, Legend of Zelda did non liner gaming and wind waker brought in cell shading. OoT is the best game ever, zelda is the best series ever and the music is the best!
I had the Song of Storms stuck in my head for three MONTHS...damn!

Now that I think of it, LoZ would make an AWESOME live action movie.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
I had the Song of Storms stuck in my head for three MONTHS...damn!

Now that I think of it, LoZ would make an AWESOME live action movie.
Not so certain about that. What makes for a great game may not necessarily make for a great movie. Zelda, as awesome a game as it is, is a bit light in the plot department. Some major changes would need to be made in order for it to work as a movie, changes that would be decried by all fans of the series. That would alienate the core fan base, and along with the niche status of most game movies would spell doom at the box-office. With each passing year and each sub-par game-to-film adaptation that comes along, I'm more and more convinced that the two mediums are separate for a reason, and should stay that way. Let's let games be games, and movies be movies.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
my hypothesis is this avery good movie produces a horrible @$$ game
example:iron man was a horrible ass game
but every bad movie has the potential for a very good game
example:chronicles of riddik was pretty good seeing as how the movie sucked.

but back to zelda: I haz da TrIfOrCe!!!!11!!1!1!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:24 AM

Debaser has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Not so certain about that. What makes for a great game may not necessarily make for a great movie. Zelda, as awesome a game as it is, is a bit light in the plot department. Some major changes would need to be made in order for it to work as a movie, changes that would be decried by all fans of the series. That would alienate the core fan base, and along with the niche status of most game movies would spell doom at the box-office. With each passing year and each sub-par game-to-film adaptation that comes along, I'm more and more convinced that the two mediums are separate for a reason, and should stay that way. Let's let games be games, and movies be movies.
I don't think any major changes would need to be made. It's got the perfect set up for a movie. There's a clearly defined good guy and bad guy, and it also has the trued and true "good guy saves the princess from bad guy" thing going for it. I think if you keep that as a constant, everything else could be filled in with aspects from all the different games ( or several of the most popluar ones), you could come out with something great.

the real question is...if there was a Zelda movie, who do you think should play Link????
Old 03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
I dont know someone like Austin Butler they would need to be young 16-20 and they would need blonde hair and not be exactly the most heroic or athletic looking since in most zelda games of late its usually a farm boy or slacker that ends up being the hero.

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!