11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 PM

spazure has much to be proud of
Can't enter game activity.
What browser is this site designed for?

I know in the past I've had issues with Opera, and you've said it's because you can't support every browser on the planet, and I get that; however, currently I am unable to enter game activity with the following browsers:

- MSIE7
- Opera 9
- Firefox 3.0.7

I have the same problem with all three: I enter the data, click "save", then it just sits there (for at least 10 mins per browser, 15 with Firefox thus far). (if i go through the "activity" page and then enter the data on the pop-up). If I go the other way (menu, enter gameplay activity, which gives the entry page in the main browser space instead of a pop-up), it just refuses to post and instead says "We're sorry, but something went wrong.
We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

If the problem persists, please contact support." .. which it always has, for me at least, which is why I always go via the pop-up method.

If I have to download/install Chrome or something else, I will -- I love this site too much to just walk away because my usual browser(s) don't work well with it. ;-) I just want to know for sure what works with everything on the site, as my backup of "just use Firefox or MSIE when something doesn't work" doesn't appear viable anymore.
Last edited by spazure : 03-09-2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added additional info
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
*she peeks into the room, red eyes glowing with a firey sense of concentration-*

If you received the message stating that gDNA has been notified, they will either PM you or contact you through your listed email address to discuss/resolve the issue.

They area usually quite quick about it...

*she smiles softly and dips around the corner... humming to herself... death following close behind.*

Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
What game are you trying to add activity for? In the past, there is typically an issue with a game in your history that is causing problems.

Let me know the game.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
What game are you trying to add activity for? In the past, there is typically an issue with a game in your history that is causing problems.

Let me know the game.
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Old 03-09-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaimerasPain View Post
*she peeks into the room, red eyes glowing with a firey sense of concentration-*

If you received the message stating that gDNA has been notified, they will either PM you or contact you through your listed email address to discuss/resolve the issue.

They area usually quite quick about it...

*she smiles softly and dips around the corner... humming to herself... death following close behind.*

Yeah but that error was only through my "backup" method anyway, not the normal way I usually go about it. Thanks though, looks like I've gone a staffer on my case now. ^_^
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
It looks like you have entered activity for that game before. Is this a new issue? Are you perhaps trying to add activity to a day where you already added activity for that game? There is a known bug that causes a potential crash in that case.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 03-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I just ran into the problem ChangeAgent describes yesterday I think, and apparently even deduced what the cause was correctly.
Basically I added an activity, deleted it, and tried to re-add it.
I submitted it as a bug, wasn't aware that it was a known issue.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
It looks like you have entered activity for that game before. Is this a new issue? Are you perhaps trying to add activity to a day where you already added activity for that game? There is a known bug that causes a potential crash in that case.
Yeah it's a new issue. I haven't had problems with it until yesterday and today (trying to add entires for yesterday and today, no backdating).

Edit: seems to be working now.. so whatever the issue was, it resolved itself (or you guys pulled some clever behind-the-scenes magic!)
Last edited by spazure : 03-10-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I just added the activity I wanted too, no problem.
There is still a link to another activity that doesn't exist (any more) though.

I have no clue what happened.
It's very possible it's something I entered and deleted, but I really don't know.
I'm referring to Retodon8 played Dino Run (WEB) on 03/MAR/09.
I get the message:
Quote:
We're sorry...
This content does not exist, or has been removed by the owner.
If you believe this is in error, please contact support.
It is linked to from the Dino Run game page, which is a game I manually added.
The activity doesn't appear on my personalized game page.