11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 02-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Really bad game writing.
Have you ever played a game where the writing was just so God-awful that you had no choice but to stop playing?

For me it was Legend of Dragoon. Good game, but the localization was so poorly done that I couldn't get more than 2 hours into the game.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast

Jaraj is a jewel in the community Jaraj is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaraj
Nope I never found a game that bad. In fact I played Legend of the Dragoon for more than 5,000 hours.

Obviously I lack such sensiblities.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
It's not so much about bad writing, more about adding bad writing to the original cutscenes, but reading this thread I immediately thought about Unskippable.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
haha Unskippable nice call and yes not really bad writing more like instant translaion and not checking it over for translation errors (some langauges translate funny into english)

Old 02-14-2009, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Anyone ever heard of Rygar? Excellent gameplay... horrid translation. Or Drake of the 99 Dragons... Yikes.

Or we could talk about voice acting. Caslevania: Symphony of the Night didn't have very good acting. But, again, wonderful to play (or watch, in my case).