11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Bollockhead has much to be proud of
Thumbs up call of duty world at war or cod5 beta test
this game is looking very good already even though its still in beta
the graphics are very good for a ww2 game
guns has you would expect them to be abit on the weak side but that sort of makes it all the more real when played in hardcore mode it makes for a fun and hard game has with the guns on the weak side theres no spamming bullets through walls and hoping you hit something but when you do there more or less dead p.s you have to earn the attachments i.e scopes and they do make a difference so no you snipers will still enjoy
and yes the the maps are looking very good for a taste of wots to come only a couple with the beta but there not bad sized hopefully even better ones when the modders get on it
new gametypes will include co-op and capture of the flag and war i.e hold the flags from an early cod game so abit more than cod4 came out with
now the thing im really looking forward to is co-op has you can play with friends online in the single player missons and earn points towards your rank and extra game type of zombies when you have finished the single player which you should also be able to play with your friends all looking very good
in game perks and tanks bring yet more new stuff again some from early cod games and the perks from cod4 with afew new ones
one i like is revive your teammates and perks for tanks and such make for some pretty good battles also new is a section for creating squads which so far i have not come across before in the cod games so all in all this game is looking very good hope you all enjoy has much has i have from wot i have seen so far if you would like to play pc version only sorry you can catch up with me online just add bollockhead29 to your xfire or in game add spaceball to your friends list
p.s nealry forgot if you havent got the beta yet goto
callofduty.com and make yourself a member costs nothing to do so when you have done that they give you a key for the beta and links to download it so enjoy
Old 10-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
I got the beta today to try it out. I like the war game type and I can't wait for the zombie invasion game mode, but overall game play feel I thought it felt more like a cod4 mod then a complete new game. I've still had a lot of fun with the limited mp experience I have so far in it though.

I'll have the full version on release day and will be looking for people to play the zombie mode with.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 AM

MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC
Cod5 Or Cod 4.5
Wow Looks Like A Game For The Mases !
Attached Images
File Type: gif COD4.gif (90.4 KB, 38 views)
Old 10-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I only got moderately interested in COD4 because everybody else was playing it.
It's a bit too realistic for my tastes, "realistic" here meaning shooting humans with real life guns in a real life setting.
Something like Half-Life is more attractive to me.
COD5 seems like too much of the same thing.
I admit I haven't tried the beta yet, so I can't honestly/fairly judge yet.
Actually one can only really do that after playing the final game of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollockhead View Post
the graphics are very good for a ww2 game
Are you saying so far all WW2 games had bad graphics?
Just curious about that sentence, because there are all kinds of WW2 games, so I'd sooner compare the game's graphics to COD4's graphics myself.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:43 AM

Bollockhead has much to be proud of
no just in all the games ive played so far in a ww2 setting the attention to detail has never been so good think cod4 with abit of crysis background graphics and ive just not seen so much detail in any other ww2 game the water affects look awesome and yes your right we truely cant make a full judgement until the release of the full game
Old 10-31-2008, 03:37 PM

DavidStrong has much to be proud of
Someone posted its like COD 4.5 - how do you guys feel about that?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

Mumbo has set foot on a distinguished road
For the standard multiplayer games modes I think calling it COD 4.5 is pretty accurate. The game does also provide a new single player campaign, co-op campaign, and new co-op survival game mode that you can't see from the beta so I don't think you can really pass full judgment yet. I did just add my first impressions to my profile today though if anyone was interested.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Fragment is a jewel in the community
Wall of text...

I tried the beta, and it's fail again. I've been hating on CoD5 forever, and it's a lot like CoD3, meaning it's HORRIBLE.
...also, why do you assume that WW2 games have bad graphics? CoD5 uses the same engine as CoD4 and that game is beautiful enough.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast

KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community
I played a couple of rounds of the BETA at a friends house. It's not that bad...differnet setting, different time period...still cool graphics and good multiplayer. Nothing groundbreaking, but a good game until Infinity Ward gets the series back on track...

Little laggy though...
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 AM

5150Reaper is community member of note
I have to get a graphics card to play it, but from what I've seen it looks like a killer game. Until then i have my first love HL2DM.