11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Shiiro has much to be proud of
. I feel a bit lame asking but..
I notice a "delete" option in the shout-box on my profile. When I go to click it, nothing happens. Are we not able to delete shouts there?

And I searched the forums for an answer, but it seemed like all anyone got was an indefinite answer. :/
Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Once you hit the delete, go back to the dropdown for your profile at the top right, and re-load your profile. Everything from the shoutbox should be gone!

Hope this helps!

Kaimera-
Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 AM

Nope, the one I tried to delete is still there. :<
Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
hmmm strange... I just tried it on a few profiles... it seems to be working. The shout box also appears on a few sub pages. Have you tried it on those pages? What browser are you using?

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 02-10-2009, 09:40 PM

Well, I'm only trying to delete one shout, not all of them. And I haven't seen my shoutbox on other pages, I'll look around. I use Firefox.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I have the same problem actually, and just now I tried to delete it from a bunch of different sub-pages on my profile.
Zinya accidentally added an empty shout, and I can't delete it.

I didn't feel like deleting other shouts just to test the deleting.
I did add a shout myself, and I could delete it properly.
I figured the problem was the shout is empty, but I don't read that in Shiiro's posts, so maybe it's something else.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Its a possibility; I noticed it when I tried to delete all shouts. Once I clicked delete, nothing happened, but then I reloaded the profile and they were gone. Havent seen it with one individual shout, but havent tried deleting just one either so.... sry, not much help in that sense.

Kaimera-
Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 PM

Yes, the shout is empty, the one I want to delete, but I've also tried on a different shout that wasn't empty. :/ Maybe you can't delete individual ones even though the option is there?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

I just deleted a singe shout, but it had txt in it- Took awhile for it to go away, but it seemed to work. Maybe send in a trouble ticket on it? Im sure changeagent or QforQ can get the shout out of there for ya if you let them know which one u want gone!

Kaimera-
Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 PM

Hm, I'll let it go for now, it's not bothering me too bad. But one of these days...when I'm not too lazy to do it...
>.>

<_<