11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiiro View Post
I'd have to say my faves are Chrono Trigger and Breath of Fire III. PS1 games, but they're amazing. :P
Squenix did just re-release Chrono Trigger on the DS. Greatest 16bit JRPG ever made.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 PM

typochondriac has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiiro View Post
I'd have to say my faves are Chrono Trigger and Breath of Fire III. PS1 games, but they're amazing. :P
Chrono Trigger is such an amazing game, even now.

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with PS1 games.
Of course, I'm a big DreamCast and N64 fan, so the more
classic consoles are the ones I tend to gravitate toward...

I've never played Breath of Fire. How is it?
I mean, apart from amazing, of course...?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:41 AM

Shiiro has much to be proud of
Breath of Fire III is like Chrono Trigger, where the graphics are similiar, and the storyline is great. You play as Ryu, a descendant of the Dragon Clan and a bunch of other characters that help him along the way. My dad introduced it to me when he got a lot of the PS1 games and helped me through it, though I've yet to beat it. I always get stuck at the same place 'cause I forget to claim an element. ._. But I highly recommend it to anyone who loves old PS1 RPGs
Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Enthusiast

Ysgrublaidd has set foot on a distinguished road
Breath of Fire III is nice on the PS1... I also have the PSP version. That one is a bummer... Oké, the game is the same... But those freaking load-times after every battle is killing the game. So if you want to play the game... go for the PS1 version.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:22 AM

Alin has much to be proud of
Favourite RPG?It ain't just one tho.

1.Gothic(whole series apart from G3:Forsaken Gods which gave me a tummy ache.Even in this matter I admire g3 for it's soundtracks,quests from the northern and southern areas.But Night of the Raven is the true jewel of the series in the end,all hail!)

2.Kotor- Many of my felow gamers thing very highly of kotor 2 sith lords.When I first saw a video of kotor I was leik "ewwww wtf...where's the weapon slot?this sux" and after a while from boredom I went through kotor 1 a couple of times and later on you *could* see me licking the screen while my battle with Malak.Ofc kotor 2 had some interesting..well,MANY interesting scenes and quests that makes me horny but still,there was something different with the game that didn't impress me...compared to how much the game is praised around the internet and even IRL. O_O

3.Fallout-A friend of mine shared the game with me some time ago..hated at the beggining...now,heh *don't touch my cd ,stupid cunt!*.But overall I think the soundtracks are the thing that arroused me so much.

4.Lost odissey-Luv that sh*t.I can't buy a playstation 3 right now so I can't say that I own this game,I have to cough up some cash at the gaming arc to enjoy 2 hrs at least(it's a good thing the snacks and drinks are cheaper).Is there something to be said? Apart from the sexy strategies,sexy animations and voice acting...nothing more than EPIC.Tho I would have preffered the xbox 360 controller >_<.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:40 AM

zanarix has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to zanarix Send a message via Yahoo to zanarix
I wanna get the original Fallout games tbh lol. Not so concerned for the third.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alin View Post
Favourite RPG?It ain't just one tho.

1.Gothic(whole series apart from G3:Forsaken Gods which gave me a tummy ache.Even in this matter I admire g3 for it's soundtracks,quests from the northern and southern areas.But Night of the Raven is the true jewel of the series in the end,all hail!)

2.Kotor- Many of my felow gamers thing very highly of kotor 2 sith lords.When I first saw a video of kotor I was leik "ewwww wtf...where's the weapon slot?this sux" and after a while from boredom I went through kotor 1 a couple of times and later on you *could* see me licking the screen while my battle with Malak.Ofc kotor 2 had some interesting..well,MANY interesting scenes and quests that makes me horny but still,there was something different with the game that didn't impress me...compared to how much the game is praised around the internet and even IRL. O_O

3.Fallout-A friend of mine shared the game with me some time ago..hated at the beggining...now,heh *don't touch my cd ,stupid cunt!*.But overall I think the soundtracks are the thing that arroused me so much.

4.Lost odissey-Luv that sh*t.I can't buy a playstation 3 right now so I can't say that I own this game,I have to cough up some cash at the gaming arc to enjoy 2 hrs at least(it's a good thing the snacks and drinks are cheaper).Is there something to be said? Apart from the sexy strategies,sexy animations and voice acting...nothing more than EPIC.Tho I would have preffered the xbox 360 controller >_<.
Gothic: Never heard of this series. Seems like it might be my cup of tea. I'll have to see if I can find a copy for Mac OSX

KOTOR: Greatest Star Wars game ever. Period. End of discussion. Sith Lords was okay, but since I only played it in the Xbox, I didn't get to partake of the after-market mods and touch-ups the community did post-release.

Fallout: Most of the way through Fallout 3, and it's making me want to go back and play the first two. Again, time to hit the bargain bins...

Lost Odyssey: The Master at his finest. Hironobu Sakaguchi makes a JRPG like no one else can, except maybe Yuji Hori.

Also, in case you haven't posted in the Hello World threads, welcome, Alin!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Final Fantasy VI. The story, the baddies, the music, the heroes...everything about that game was A-grade class. The finest gem of the Final Fantasy series before it started to go down the 3D shitter, until it redeemed itself with FFIX, and then started to suck again.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM

ethereal-wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanarix View Post
I wanna get the original Fallout games tbh lol. Not so concerned for the third.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Fallout: Most of the way through Fallout 3, and it's making me want to go back and play the first two. Again, time to hit the bargain bins...
you can buy fallout 1 & 2 at http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/ for $6 each. no DRM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 AM

ethereal-wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
i would have to say toss up between Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment.