11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
xfire GamerDNA link
Maybe I had too much coffee this morning, but I cant seem to see how I get my xfire info to populate on GamerDNA. If any of my outstandingly "GENIUS" associates could drop this poor lacky a hint, it would be much appreciated!

Kaimera-
Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Add your Xfire name to your AKA's here:
http://www.gamerdna.com/dna/akas/

Once you've done that, play a game via Xfire and the next day we should detect it and populate your profile.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
I did all the adding last night in AKAs and had xfire up before i played. Xfire registered that I had played Perfect World, I just didnt see anything appear on GamerDNA. Maybe I need to launch the game specifically from xfire rather than my shortcut bar. Hum.... odd

Thanks for the msg though- I'll try the xfire launch tonight!

Kaimera-
Old 02-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I double checked, and you didn't make any typos filling in your AKA, so you're all done.
I'm guessing you just need to wait a little longer.
gDNA updates that stuff daily, but time zone differences could make it seem longer.
Keep on playing on the meantime.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:58 PM

FatMouse has set foot on a distinguished road
Im going to have to get my xfire hooked up now!! I wanna see live game updates too!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Speaking of AKAs, did anybody else notice the message of the day called: "MOTD - Add your AKAs!"?
It says:
"We've got a big feature coming in next week, so make sure you add your Xbox Live, Steam and Xfire names! Add your AKAs here"

So, what does that mean?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
This is tied to the new game events system, which basically replaces our "Experiences" system now....which is the topic of this post actually. The current experience system writes auto entries based off of data we get from Steam, Xbox Live and Xfire. The new system will do the same, which is why I wanted to urge people to add those network IDs to their profiles