11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 02-07-2009, 03:52 AM

Demonpaladin has much to be proud of
Favorite Final Fantasy Game
Ok, this is for all the big FF fans out there. I'm a huge fan of the series and I love playing them all, but I didn't care too much for 9, but it was alright, and thats just my opinion. My favorite game out of the series has to be 10 because they really stepped it up in graphics and added in a cool new minigame to it, Blitzball!

12 was pretty cool too, the whole new battle system was alot of fun and bieng able to make it to where all your characters could use the same weapons, magics, and armors as well as switch them around to give you a better edge against your enemies was really awesome. I never really got a chance to play FF Online, but i heard its a good game.

So c'mon, all you you FF fans and give out a shout and reason why you like your favorite FF game.

- Demonpaladin -
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Wow, it's almost too difficult to decide which is my favorite. I've been playing the Final Fantasy series since, well, Final Fantasy, and have many great memories from each. Loved VI, felt that VIII had a great story but the magic system was too easy to exploit, VII is good but way overrated, IX is underrated (It's called Final Fantasy for a reason ) and XI doesn't have near enough story for me (plus I don't play MMOs). XII, well, look at this.

Gun to my head, X was my favorite. It brought together many elements from previous FFs and wrapped them up in a good story, full voice-work and beautiful graphics.

Also, I may be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed X-2.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:28 AM

Demonpaladin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post

Also, I may be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed X-2.
I really enjoyed X-2 myself, i didnt get to finish it, but i loved training all my dressphere classes up before i advanced to take on Shuyin, Vegnagun and the DarkAeons, made it alot easier too.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast

Ysgrublaidd has set foot on a distinguished road
I fell in love with IX. The style gave me such a good vibe. Oké, the story isn't as good as IV, VI and VII. But the graphics are good, the sound is great and I liked the way they returned to there roods of Fantasy setting and not the Sci-fi stuff of VII and VIII.

A hate what they have done with XII. I bought the game, but I played it for, I guess, 2 hours and then put it away again. I just hate the fighting system. Still, it's a Final Fantasy game... so one day I will play it and hopefully I can come further than those 2 hours.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysgrublaidd View Post
I fell in love with IX. The style gave me such a good vibe. Oké, the story isn't as good as IV, VI and VII. But the graphics are good, the sound is great and I liked the way they returned to there roods of Fantasy setting and not the Sci-fi stuff of VII and VIII.
Finally, someone who agrees with me on IX! Most people I talk to hate that game. I loved that it was more light-hearted. Zidane wasn't some emo punk, Steiner was a lovable oaf, and Vivi straight up freakin' rocked.

I think most people who hate on IX played VII first and that is what Final Fantasy is to them. Oh well. As long as people keep playing them, Squenix will keep making them, and then we all win.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Enthusiast

Ysgrublaidd has set foot on a distinguished road
Well, I played VII before IX... but still, I like IX more. :P
Vivi : Love:
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM

SorkSupreme has much to be proud of
agreeed....
Old 02-21-2009, 06:14 PM

SorkSupreme has much to be proud of
I like that one more too
Old 02-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Savant

Personally I hope they more for the feel of X with XIII. XII was an interesting experiment. It worked for some, didn't work for me, but one thing you can always count on with Squenix: You will be amazed.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpaladin View Post
Ok, this is for all the big FF fans out there. I'm a huge fan of the series and I love playing them all, but I didn't care too much for 9, but it was alright, and thats just my opinion. My favorite game out of the series has to be 10 because they really stepped it up in graphics and added in a cool new minigame to it, Blitzball!

12 was pretty cool too, the whole new battle system was alot of fun and bieng able to make it to where all your characters could use the same weapons, magics, and armors as well as switch them around to give you a better edge against your enemies was really awesome. I never really got a chance to play FF Online, but i heard its a good game.

So c'mon, all you you FF fans and give out a shout and reason why you like your favorite FF game.

- Demonpaladin -

In the grand scheme of things, my fav is most likely FFX. I think it's the first I completely finished on my, even with the semi-wimpy final, final, final boss. I loved IX and the cartoony look and the memorable characters. I've seen all the others, even though I haven't played the really early games.

btw, yes, Vivi does ROCK! X-2 was also pretty neat, even if it was a lot of fanservice. I liked the dress sphere system as well.