11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 01-03-2007, 04:31 PM

StrikeS has much to be proud of
Logo/Site Design
The one stickler that I've had is Website Design and Logo/Art design. I've had members come and go that could do these things for me but as we all know time passes on and sites get updated, art gets old and there's always the need for something "fresh".

So I ask; does anyone know a design artist that likes to freely work on casual projects? Example: I'm looking for a Logo Design and I need an image "Photoshop'ed". Nothing too insane, but my current photoshop skills are... well lets just say when I took Photoshop classes it was still the 90's. If you glanced at our current website (www.vigilantaddiction.com) you'd notice that my skills were from the 90's.

Perhaps this is a service that could be housed here for Guild Leaders? I couldn't tell you how nice it would be to have an Artist on hand.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
oh - awesome idea!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Patronymic Mime

Komako is community member of note
I'm trying to get a Photoshop tag/group going myself, but it only has 2 members :P

You have a PM, StrikeS.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 PM

Karnifex has much to be proud of
Sounds like a good idea. There are services like eLance that let you find freelancers for small projects, but that service is geared more toward people who will be hiring people for projects all the time...

I'll think about ways we might be able to introduce something like this! (I know of several people on GuildCafe who would probably want to do this work, but I'll let them speak for themselves!)
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
You can find people out there to do such work but you must:

1. Be very clear in what you are looking for. Be VERY vary of someone who is just going to photoshop together someone else's art. You really don't want those type of copyright hassles.
2. Give a timeline in which you would like work completed.
3. Be upfront about whether or not you will be willing to pay (and how much) or if this will be free work. You can leave the amount up to the artist and negotiate, but you take your chances then.
4. Don't be afraid to approach artists you see in the various communities whose work you appreciate. You never know what you get until you ask.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Shhh...don't tell anyone - but Armaya is a fabulous digital artist.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:55 AM

StrikeS has much to be proud of
Oh really?... :grins and nods @ Mia:

Old 01-18-2007, 02:32 PM

Dagda has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Dagda Send a message via Yahoo to Dagda
Yea for most of my custom artwork I have to hire out to get what I really want esp. when your talking about things like LOGOs' and the like. If your looking for headers and things like sig blocks just bump around the net to the tons of GFX sites you can find tons of people that just enjoy photoshop and will take on jobs for nothing. Just give them credit!

Armaya, that true? Do you do custom work? I am looking for someone to create a logo for me for my site and maybe for my guild...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Two Words...
The Pixelators

GuildCafe's own group for Photoshop pros and afficiandos.
Get help making your own stuff, or charm one of our artists into whipping something up.

P.S. all the ideas and advice
above are good
Old 01-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
Yea for most of my custom artwork I have to hire out to get what I really want esp. when your talking about things like LOGOs' and the like. If your looking for headers and things like sig blocks just bump around the net to the tons of GFX sites you can find tons of people that just enjoy photoshop and will take on jobs for nothing. Just give them credit!

Armaya, that true? Do you do custom work? I am looking for someone to create a logo for me for my site and maybe for my guild...
Yes, I do.

If you'd like to view my portfolio, you can see it at:

www.echomedia.deviantart.com

You have to look through it to see the WoW related stuff, lately I've been doing promos for another company so it isn't my normal work. This is my latest that's game related:

I have done things for guild websites before, to their specs, as well.

http://www.echoartistic.com (my unfinished website, but I also used this for the family guild enter page)

http://citadelofatuin.com/

http://citadelofatuin.com/forums (top graphic)

Any questions feel free to PM.