11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Helix Developers/API (Beta)

Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 AM

ZoeF has much to be proud of
Spoecial Char bug
Hello everyone of gamerDNA let me first state i like what you are douing. But i managed to find a minor bug.

When i whanted to create a sig to use on the site with my orginal toon ZoŽke ( karak-norn - EU ) it seems i couldn't get it to work. But my other toon Zoef workd perfectly. So i checkd realmwar eu to make shure the toon was present and it wasn't a mestake ( mistype or something ).

So my conclusion = the script has dificulties with spoecial letters like Ž š ‚ Í and so on. I don't know if there is a way to fix this. But it would be cool if there was.

Greetz Zoef
Old 02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Actually the problem seems to lie with Mythic.
(There is (was?) another problem with their search engine; see this thread if you're interested.)

Go here, and enter "ZoŽke".
Don't filter out server, realm, race, carreer, because gDNA doesn't either, for technical reasons.
Your toon isn't found, only "Zoeken" is found.

Actually I can't find the "Karak-Norn" server either to try if that works for me... is that the server name?
Or maybe they have a different Realm War for Europe?
Last edited by Retodon8 : 02-06-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 PM

Runiat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
Or maybe they have a different Realm War for Europe?
Indeed they do. Like everything else Europe, it's run by GOA.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Thanks; I just found the European search here.
And yes, you do show up properly there.
(Also, no people with the same name, which is what caused the other problem I mentioned earlier.)

I agree with you now; perhaps gDNA Warhammer sig tool does have a problem encoding special characters.
I don't think many people use those, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're the first one to encounter the problem (if that is in fact the problem).