11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 02-06-2009, 12:16 AM

RaptorMoonX has much to be proud of
Question Experiences? Characters? Editing platforms listed?
Okay, I'm really confused. I see in your gamerDNA that you can add characters and experiences. What do you mean? Also how do you change platforms you have listed in your profile? Sorry for such newbish questions. ^^;;
Old 02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
The characters that you can add to your profile are any characters you play as in your games.

The experiences can either be things you write about that you want to share with the community that you did in your game playing sessions or they can be feeds off your gaming profiles on Xfire(for PC gaming) and/or Xbox Live, as those are the services that gamerDNA can automatically pull data off of on a daily basis.

As for editing game systems on your profile, I am not sure how to do that; but if some one who knows how to do that reads this, they should be able to help you out with that.

One last thing, don't worry about appearing to be a newb. Everyone has been one at some point, so we all have been in the same boat at one time or another.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
You may want to check Dvader83's characters, or mine, to get a bit of an idea.
Or check out anybody else's profile; that's what they're there for.

Once viewing somebody's profile, also click the "Experiences" link in the list on the left to view those.
There are two kinds, and you can filter out either.

The "Game Feed" is automatically populated by Xbox 360, Xfire, and Steam data, but you can add "Embellishments" to add a personal touch.
Here is an example from my profile.

"Stories" are more like classical blog posts, started from scratch.
Here is another example.

The platforms listed at the top of your profile are automatically added.
If you add Xbox 360 games to your gDNA collection, it'll say "Xbox 360" at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
One last thing, don't worry about appearing to be a newb. Everyone has been one at some point, so we all have been in the same boat at one time or another.
Exactly!
Well, except for me; I was born 1337!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
Well, except for me; I was born 1337!
Ditto- with my handy-dandy community friends, -Mish, Reto, Vader, QforQ, the guitar slashin changeagent,Typo and quite a few others all digitally compiled into one massive super computer AI, i consider myself oober 1337- heh! Just playin-

Lets put it this way:
The first record of a hominid is debatable either between 6-7 million years ago (Toumai fossil from Chad) or 3-4 million years ago (we all know Lucy fossil). The more human-like neanderthals are on record from about 350,000-30,000 years ago, archaic Homo sapiens are on record from about 500,000-200,000 years ago, and modern Homo sapiens (us) from about 120,000 years ago to present.

Compared to how long the universe has been in existence, THE WHOLE PLANET IS ONE BIG NEWB-FEST! Enjoy!

Kaimera-
Old 02-06-2009, 09:56 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaimerasPain View Post
The first record of a hominid is debatable either between 6-7 million years ago (Toumai fossil from Chad) or 3-4 million years ago (we all know Lucy fossil). The more human-like neanderthals are on record from about 350,000-30,000 years ago, archaic Homo sapiens are on record from about 500,000-200,000 years ago, and modern Homo sapiens (us) from about 120,000 years ago to present.

Compared to how long the universe has been in existence, THE WHOLE PLANET IS ONE BIG NEWB-FEST! Enjoy!
Ha that is epic.

Yeah I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as a n00b. Anyone that has to call someone else a n00b is probably scared they will never be considered 1337 unless they proclaim it every chance they get. As "someone" once said:

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -- William Shakespeare

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 02-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeAgent View Post
Anyone that has to call someone else a n00b is probably scared they will never be considered 1337 unless they proclaim it every chance they get.
I'm 1337, and I don't think that's true.
I am not insecure about my 1337ness at all, which is why I don't feel to need to even mention it.
I really don't need to; people see I'm 1337 at first sight anyway.

Also, good point, KaimerasPain!
Noobs unite!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 AM

spazure has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
The platforms listed at the top of your profile are automatically added.
If you add Xbox 360 games to your gDNA collection, it'll say "Xbox 360" at the top.
In theory, anyway. Check out my profile. I have several PS2 games listed, but my platforms still only lists PC. If I had a PS3 game, it'll list PS3 (I added Rock Band 2 for like 5 seconds just to test it), but apparently my profile isn't cool enough to list PS2 as a platform. QQ
Last edited by spazure : 03-08-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazure View Post
In theory, anyway. Check out my profile. I have several PS2 games listed, but my platforms still only lists PC. If I had a PS3 game, it'll list PS3 (I added Rock Band 2 for like 5 seconds just to test it), but apparently my profile isn't cool enough to list PS2 as a platform. QQ
I have found that it will only list current-gen platforms: Mac, PC, DS, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP. It could get rather cluttered otherwise. At least it would for me, I've been gaming for almost 30 years on just about every platform ever created.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:58 PM

spazure has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
I have found that it will only list current-gen platforms: Mac, PC, DS, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP. It could get rather cluttered otherwise. At least it would for me, I've been gaming for almost 30 years on just about every platform ever created.
Quite depressing for those of us that don't have any games out on the new platforms yet.

Oh well, when the new Final Fantasy comes out this Winter, I'll have PS3 on there!

Hey, maybe it could just list the top 5 or 10 "most played" platforms per person, so even "real" gamers wouldn't have a cluttered list, but those of us that are picky about what we play still can as well.
Last edited by spazure : 03-08-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: added a suggestion
Old 03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
If it doesn't list a particular platform then it is more than likely a bug. We don't have it set to discriminate against last gen/old consoles.