11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 01-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
CS at work! HAH!
So,

I was strolling through my office the other day, trying to get a network issue resolved for a client and I spotted our network team all ducked down in their cubes frantically clicking and hittin on W.A.S.D....

Being a gamer, I know the deep stare into the monitor, with the slight body motion as you go around a corner, and ya just cant miss the hands thrown up in the air followed by "damnit," usually meaning an unexpected death...

As i slowed down and krept around the corner, I found all 4 of the network gurus pluggin away at CS!!!!! Imagine that!!! Turns out, there is a ::small:: group of these guys around our building crackin ppl in CS one day a week! MAN, I LOVE MY JOB!

Now, not only can I play after work to relax, but I can get a little action in at work!

Its no wonder we are called the slacker capital of the world.... GO USA!! hah

Kaimera-
Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Reminds me of when a MP demo of Return to Castle Wolfenstein was released to which my mates and I all installed on our lab PCs during programming class. Rather than listen to a boring lecture, we taught ourselves to set up and administrate a dedicated server to which the entire college could access. What started as four of us scrimming, turned into a consistently full server over the course of the class. It was only after the class ended that it was discovered and taken down due to a mandatory re-image of lab PCs.

To those who were in the know, we were unsung heroes to bored classmates that semester.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd