11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Unhappy Final Fantasy XIII - 2010
Was just on Kotaku when I noticed this article: http://kotaku.com/5132555/you-wont-p...iii-until-2010
Seems the next Final Fantasy game has been pushed to a 2010 release date here in the west.

I'm actualy relieved since I don't have much in the way of funds this year but for others is this bad news? Or just expected?

Discuss.
Last edited by koji042 : 01-16-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Thanks alot Sony. Fail more please.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
It's a smart move for SE in a business sense, but Sony ends up with a raw deal due to another delayed release in the West. While 360 fans are just thrilled they're getting some love, PS3 owners are up in arms and quick to point fingers. This, as you can imagine, is not healthy for business when your (Sony's) client is constantly pissed off.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 01-16-2009, 08:41 PM

meronine has much to be proud of
Just think: delayed release = better game.
I just hope the story is actually decent this time. -_-
Old 01-17-2009, 12:24 AM

YOSHI2012 has much to be proud of
OMGZ! No choice
This is all fault of Square-Enix and Microsoft pay = development. PS3 will get the game this year in Japan (No choice: I have to learn jap...). So we have to wait until Square finish the Xbox 360 version for the multiplatform release.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
This, as you can imagine, is not healthy for business when your (Sony's) client is constantly pissed off.
I've kind of been noticing that for a bit now. Square-enix has always been a Sony oriented company, but then Sony didn't renew the FF exclusivity contract and said they could go without paying loads of money for 3rd party exclusives (as a N64/gamecube fan that sounds a bit familiar). Since then we've seen Lst Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: the Last Hope and a 360 version of Final Fantasy 13. Then a whole lot of stuff going onto the NDS.

It's starting to look a bit like they see the PS3 as still retaining some hardcore FF fans, but other than that, looking elsewhere.

Kinda sucks that it's getting delayed, but seeing what it looks like this year, I don't think 360 or PS3 owners have too much to complain about, alot of good stuff hitting on 2009.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM

bubdwubd has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to bubdwubd
Well first off I'm glad Final fantasy is coming to the 360. I used to love sony entertainment but Imo, in this little enertainment era or w/e you want to, call it Sony fails...first off their system "was" way over priced, the hard drive doesn't even come close to matching the capacity of the 360 Elite. The only two reasons why I might of ended up buying a sony playstation is because of the Square Enix games, which are some of the best rpgs and the fact that blu ray is the one that will stream line almost, if not all, the new releases for HD movies. I'm guessing since Final Fantasy XIII is coming out on the 360 Kingdom Hearts 3 will also be on the 360 which IMO have been way better than the newer but somewhat lackluster final fantasy releases. I did not play Final Fantasy XI because I was probably 13 maybe 14 when it came out and wasn't going to pay 15$ a month I think was the cost, not sure but I'm 21 now so those of you that have feel free to correct me. I have however played just about every other final fantasy game, not beaten but played. I have Beaten I II III VII VIII VIII X XII, I did not play X2 but VII of course was the all time best but out of the others I really enjoyed X based on alot of the stuff you could do on the side i.e. waffle ball and my favorite making your own monsters and trying to beat them some of which were extremely hard and alot of the summon cinematics were awesome being the first Final Fantasy game with graphics of it's kind. XII was fun don't get me wrong but way off the line of what, IMO, a final fantasy game should be like, off that note it was pretty fun. So basically what I'm trying to say here is I really hope they bring back some of the fun off to the side stuff they've been leaving out which VII is so known for because of. I also think it was VIIII which had a pretty cool collecting card game where you could challenge the npc's. I really hope there's alot more Crazy hard fights you can do off the side of the main story line that you have to fight to aquire the ultimate gear/summons/(can't think of what they're called but the things in VII that were like spheres that could increase hp/mp/str...etc and summons would also fill the slots), I hope they bring that concept back with a bang not just a little splash. Finally the thing that every Final Fantasy game lacks... Make the final boss hard as all hell to where I have to use everything possible within my ability to beat him and also the hardest. Ok just wanted to start off my first post for this site with a bang so that's why this was so long. This stuff was all my opinion so feel free to shout out yours. later (=
Old 01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by meronine View Post
delayed release = better game.
facepalm.jpg
Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pops40k View Post
I've kind of been noticing that for a bit now. Square-enix has always been a Sony oriented company, but then Sony didn't renew the FF exclusivity contract and said they could go without paying loads of money for 3rd party exclusives (as a N64/gamecube fan that sounds a bit familiar). Since then we've seen Lst Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean: the Last Hope and a 360 version of Final Fantasy 13. Then a whole lot of stuff going onto the NDS.

It's starting to look a bit like they see the PS3 as still retaining some hardcore FF fans, but other than that, looking elsewhere.

Kinda sucks that it's getting delayed, but seeing what it looks like this year, I don't think 360 or PS3 owners have too much to complain about, alot of good stuff hitting on 2009.
Well, it's because Sony decided to use the Cell in the PS3 no? Not that the Cell doesn't have its own advantages, but it was definitely a bad move on Sony's part since it made development much harder.

I might consider getting a 360 just for the exclusives (Vesperia, Star Ocean, etc.).

But yeah, this year looks like it will have a lot of good stuff. I just hope more RPGs come to the PS3. T_T
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
Wait a sec.

Gamers:
  • A) Complain if a game is *rushed* with bugs or poor translation.
  • B) Complain if a game falls behind schedule.
I don't think anyone doubts that they won't ship the game (this isn't Duke Nukem Forever), as they have been pretty good about shipping all of their major FF console titles to the US since FF VII.

Stuff happens. Learn Japanese. I'd rather wait and have a great game than one with a poor translation in which, "All your Base are belong to Us". There will be plenty of other games to play in 2009 that will surely fill the space.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog