11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 AM

Narilka has much to be proud of
I'm in the Left 4 Dead camp. I was really ho-hum about it (in fact, I didn't really want it, as I figured it had no story and was all about the multiplayer). However, it was given to me for Christmas, and while it definitely lacked in the places I expected (and some places I did not, like the controls, which drove me up the wall for the first day of playing because my melee button wasn't where I expected it to be), it was a ton more fun to play then I thought it would be.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Tippler has much to be proud of
For me it wasn't a positive surprise: Call of Duty: World at War. The only redeeming factor for this game was the zombie level. The game itself was average for me and my friends here.

For a positive surprise though, I'd go with Left4Dead. Don't have the game yet because it's always out of stock, but the demo blows me away!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 AM

Judge-Azrael has much to be proud of
Fable 2. I didn't like the first one. I couldn't get the hang of the ranged combat. because of that i didn't get very far past the begging of the game. I thought fable 2 was over-hyped too. But it turned out to be really fun and addicting.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Sandman3030 has much to be proud of
I am surprised that everyone was really surprised about Left 4 Dead. From the first time I saw it I knew I was going to like it. I was surprised the most by Mirrors Edge, I really did not see it working till I got my hands on the game and played around with it. I was glad to see EA come out with some new IP and not just the new batch of sequels.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:58 PM

TNcomposer has much to be proud of
I was pretty surprised about Braid. Sure, it looks like a Super Mario clone at first, but there's really a lot to it.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 AM

SinisterDragon has much to be proud of
LittleBigPlanet. The game look fun and addicting but I didn't know it was going to be THAT fun. Jus the whole social networking aspect of it surprised me on how well it actually delivered. I hope MediaMolecule Keeps it up to date and continues to support it