11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-16-2008, 09:40 PM

Mugglewump has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mugglewump
I don't think it's a matter of not understanding. There are certainly many parts of the world where girls (and women in general) are treated with less respect and compassion than folks in the United States treat their pets.

The issue some have with the video is that it seems to state that if these girls/women were educated instead that all of the woes of the planet would be solved. That is an extremely simplistic view of the issues.

Of course, the other issue is that the video is little more than 'Girl Power' propaganda. There are plenty of 3rd World countries where children of both sexes are dying by the thousands.. any one of the boys (as well as girls) in those places could be the next Ghandi, Einstein or MLK Jr. given half a chance... brilliance and world impact is not gender-specific as the video would seem to promote.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hmm strange i thought this world was more culturally understanding because in certain cultures women are less then a man for instance ( I'm not saying i am agreeing with it all! ) Women in these countries are treated less then men but if you were to empower them you could potientally damage a culture Once again I do not agree with this! "Money is not the solution" Well then i'll just figure out a way to make education NOT cost money then will I? And in that video make it a boy. No diffrence even though there may be more girls then boys thats still alot of people making a diffrence. Its and interesting take for sure but this will have trouble happened since the economy is going down the drain and they STILL want us to give our money which is getting less and less to the "needy" in other countries well we can't help the "needy" if WE are on the streets as well. Hope i haven't gone off topic to much.