11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
Removing a game
Hey, 2-3 months ago I added Grand Theft Auto 3 to my gamerDNA, then when the new games system came in (and traits) I traited GTA3, then a few days ago I've noticed that for some reason gta3 is on my list twice, one is the PC version, and the other is the ps3 version.

I don't own any consoles, and so I tried to remove gta3 from my list, but if I go to the gta3 page it show's my summary for the game, and all the traits I gave the pc version, and it's also showing the ps3 version on my traits block on my personal profile.

It's quite possible this has also happened for other games/users and was wondering if you could have a look into this for me, thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2009, 05:16 PM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
Did you open up the DNA panel... go to the games list... and delete it from that list? That should delete it permanently from your profile and remove it from those locations.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Enthusiast

PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community PrivateSniper is a cornerstone of the community
I believe that's what I did yes, it's not listed there anyway
Old 01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
What happened is that gDNA had to assign a platform to the existing, platform-less game, and it figured PS2 (not PS3 by the way) was more likely to be right for most people than PC.
It wasn't in your case.

You still have the PS2 version as well as the PC version, although only the latter shows up in your games list as it's supposed to.

I had the same problem with Assassin's Creed, so I copied all my stuff from the PS3 version to the Xbox 360 version, and deleted the former.
My personalized game page for the PS3 version ceased to exist, and forwarded to the general version ("www" subdomain instead of "retodon8").
I was actually curious enough to check.
In other words, no problem doing the same thing over here.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:58 AM
gamerDNA Staff

ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community ChangeAgent is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to ChangeAgent Send a message via Yahoo to ChangeAgent Send a message via Skype™ to ChangeAgent
We will be making some clean up passes on all the games list in a few weeks. Hopefully we will get all of that cleaned up and the confusion eliminated.

| VP/Products - GamerDNA.com| Founder/Creator - 360voice.com| Blogger - Trappermarkelz.com |
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast

That would be nice, my personal suggestion would be to take out the ibm compatible lines from the urls, just have basic platforms as the distinction between urls, ie /grand-theft-auto-III-PC. Hopefully once there's a structure in place for games it will fix my games list showing games i've removed
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I agree that just "pc" would make a nicer URL than the current "ibm-pc-compatible".
I don't think they even make incompatible PC's any more, and if they do, they must be sold under a different name.

"playstation-2" could be shortened to just "ps2", but it's an even smaller issue for this and other platforms.

I think it's just a legacy thing, but I noticed GTA3 PS2 doesn't have the platform appended.

Reading through some other games in my collection I see F.E.A.R. PC doesn't have the platform in the URL.
Apparently it's also available on PC (Huh?), which turns out to be a DVD version for the PC (Oh, I see!), which does have the PC platform at the end.
I guess this just isn't as black and white as we'd like it to be for URL naming purposes.