11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Cyberpunk meets NWoD: Another Self Promotion
A while back I posted a draft of some homebrewed rules I schemed up meshing elements of Cyberpunk with the Storytelling/World of Darkness rules set.

I'd just like to make an updated post that now I've gone back, tweaked and added a few things, and most importantly put it all together in a cheap ass PDF document for anyone's viewing pleasure. Also, I've set up an equally cheap ass forum site for it so I may further expand upon the rules as well as providing a forum open for discussion.

You can access the site from http://vague.digitalchantry.com/ under The Mirrorshades Project (or you can go directly here).

You can download the PDF directly here.
I also have an HTML version for viewing here.
Would recommend using the PDF for print.

The rules document itself was intended to give anyone with a copy of the core World of Darkness rules book a toolkit for coming up with generic Cyberpunk/Near Future themes.

Right now I'm in the early brainstorming phase of putting together a setting document to share online that is essentially a game similar in style to Shadowrun in the "Cyberpunk meets Magic" aspect but replaces fantasy Elves, Orks and Trolls with Vampires, Werewolves, Prometheans and the like.

Any questions, comments, criticisms and the like can be posted here, via PM's on this site or just by signing up on my project page. Hope some peeps take an interest in this.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 12-11-2008, 01:18 PM

KreedGhost is a jewel in the community KreedGhost is a jewel in the community
I joined the forum as I am always interested in new crossovers. I for one have always liked the open-ness of the World of Darkness, with the ability of the ST to change and manipulate anything they would like to.

I have never really played Cyberpunk, but have read the core rules book. I am looking forward to watching this project evolve into something.
Last edited by KreedGhost : 12-11-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Awesome.
Right now I'm working on a few extra documents to add to my core project. One of them is just a doctoring up of a shared contribution of a fellow chummer's Cyberpunk 2020 Cyberware listings and Net Running rules.

I'm also working on a "Shadowrun-esque" setting that incorporates all of the game lines into a single world. I'm trying not to go overboard like SR did with magic being mainstream and fantasy stuff everywhere; but I'm also trying to ease back things to where the Paranormals have other things to worry about than revealing their nature.

It's not necessarily a grand "Vampires everywhere and the public accepts it" but more like "The public has a loose belief that Vampires probably do exist. Nobody's going to hunt you for breaching masquerade, but giving away your nature is your own problem to deal with."

Old 12-30-2008, 06:34 PM

x8xid is community member of note
Interested
Hello,
One of my members ran across this and brought it to my attention. I run a gaming source website/ community and I think what you have going here would fit right in with what we are doing. We also do news, development, and promotion.

I am worried about you getting your work ripped off publishing it in this format however.

I would like it if you came by my site and looked around. I think that you would find it a suitable ground fro promoting and developing your work and save you the time and effort of having to run your own forums and such. We could mutually benifit from you in the way of content.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Site: www.rpgx.org
Forums: www.forums.rpgx.org

My E-Mail: acidburn@rpgx.org

Thanks,
Ashton Rogers
Editor-in-Chief
www.rpgx.org

Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Savant

I'll definitely be dropping by your site and taking a look around your community. But I would like to go ahead and post something here, to just to address something you brought up:

My project is 100% a labor of love and is a fan-based project for White Wolf's World of Darkness Storytelling Game system. A lot of the things I'm doing is "ripping off" a lot of classic elements from not only lit but other RPG's such as Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun and others.

Even the idea of Cyberpunk meshed with WoD isn't new; I just couldn't find any suitable rules for the new system, and decided to brew my own skeleton to provide frame works for others. I totally worked on this under the conditions of White Wolf's Dark Pack terms of agreement, which essentially declaring my work non-profit and property of them. Yeah, it kinda sucks if I was trying to be a unique snowflake, but this was totally a freebie that I could only pray is ripped off and distributed and built upon.

However:
I have other ideas I would like to build upon, and I'm dying to possibly try to build up some "net rep" to possibly work my way into a freelancing position for actual publishers (whether big time or indy, it's all good to me.)

I'll be in touch