11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 05-03-2008, 05:09 AM

zetathompson has much to be proud of
Valhalla is still my favorite. Yeah I know old skool Diku. But something about it keeps me going back.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:26 AM

CarrionNanny has much to be proud of
Hi all, got directed to the Bartle test and found these forums...

I've been playing NannyMUD (LP) since '92, and I still love it

Also enjoyed StickMUD (not the original "stick in the mud" one) and Midnight Sun. Being swedish I also love SvenskMUD (where all is in swedish).

Though I've played a lot of online FPS games like Unreal Tournament, I have always found my way back to MUDs (especially Nanny), "you can't beat the feeling"...
Old 11-23-2008, 11:12 PM

FC-Famine has much to be proud of
Playing MUDs is what got me into online gaming around the age of 15. My favorite type has always been player-versus-player (PVP) ROM or ROT MUDs. Although I have been seen to play some pure DIKU MUDS that do offer RP/PVP rulesets, I tend to only stay towards ROM or ROT directives (just like it for some reason).

I still MUD today and I think it's something that I will never give up for as long as I live.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM

sullierose has much to be proud of
I remember my first mud well. It was Avalon and you had to pay to play. I remember being pwned by some guy named Huzow. Someone on Avalon told me about MUME (Multi-User in Middle Earth) and when I tried it, I was hooked. I started a badly statted human thief named Sera and I never got her past lvl 16. I did have 3 legends after a year but I left after a year or two to play on WOTMUD; I was the player of Lilith (Gar'ghael) and Idra (Hand of the Light) there and I played there for five years till I downloaded WoW last year.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:37 PM

Wolfrider31 has much to be proud of
The first mud I ever played was Shadowgate. It was based off the old second edition D and D rules. I remember it being brutally difficult to level, but I stuck around for a while and made quite a few friends there.

I think it's still around, but as for the state it's in, I have no clue.